As class starts to wrap up, here are some of the end-of-semester thoughts that are on my mind:
- what are their lasting take-aways (content and impressions)?
- are they prepared for their next courses? How do I know?
- am I proud of myself? Why?
- what did I learn?
- am I prepared to teach/assist better next time? How?
- feeling sad that an enjoyable routine is coming to an end
- feeling inspired to fill that time in great ways this summer
- feeling excited to assistant teach again in September
So looking back, looking at now, and looking ahead. Thinking, feeling, wondering.
The funny thing is, right now I can’t actually imagine what it’s like to be at the beginning of a semester. I’ve been there, you know, a lot. It just feels a universe away from right now.
I’m guessing that as the summer comes to a close, I’ll be wondering what it feels like to be at semester’s end as I start to face an unknown new one. So here’s where I’m at right now, Future Emily!
Looking forward to the last few sessions of a great semester, and looking forward to writing Beginning with the End in Mind in a few months!