In anticipation of the beginning of the semester, here’s what’s on my mind:
- What can I do to set a great tone for the semester?
- How do I meaningfully and efficiently communicate expectations to everyone?
- Am I prepared to help people log into the class computers? This system is particularly weird!
- How am I going to support the students with the lowest tech skills?
- What is a reasonable and early indicator that a student is in danger of failing the class?
Looking back at thoughts from the end of last semester, some more things to think about:
- What are three things I can do this semester that I will be proud of?
- What can I improve from last semester? (perennial answer: teacher talk, Emily. Teacher talk.)
- What take-aways do I want to foster all semester long?
A few posts with ideas for the first day:
Lastly, just for kicks, a few posts from previous First Days: