(I thought it might be helpful to readers and myself if I described some of my favorite activities from time to time. See all my ESL Activity Corner posts here.)
This is a nice little activity you can use as a warm-up, a mini-quiz, summary practice, or even grammar exercise, about basically any content.
We have that famous so-called six word novel:
For sale: baby shoes, never worn.
What else can our students convey in just six words?
In Six Words Or Less…
- Introduce yourself to the class
- Summarize the article/chapter you just read
- Share your goals for the semester
- Write down what you learned today
- Describe someone important to you
- Propose a topic for the next writing assignment
The possibilities are pretty much endless! Give it a try!
Idea Credit and further reading: Students Write Life Stories in Six Words or Less