I thought it might be helpful to readers and myself if I described some of my favorite activities.
By activity, I mean a fun and/or unique learning process that can be used and reused for all sorts of different purposes, levels, and topics.
Here’s what I have so far, in alphabetical order. Click for a description and an example.
- Chain Drill – speak and listen accurately
- Dictation Relay – read, remember, report, and write accurately
- Flyswatter Game – choose the right answer quickly
- Grid Activity – ask, answer, and write
- Guess The Word – ask and answer questions, figure out the secret
- Jigsaw Reading – become experts, then learn from each other
- One-Question Surveys – ask one question each, use the data
I hope this is a useful resource!